Stalkers and Followers

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Home

It's been 5 months since I went home, and there has been little changes. Things that you hate are still there and you are still hoping deep down that there will be changes. So far, none has change. Gasoline prices are high, my room is a mess (my little brother is using it while I'm out), corruption is still there, people are still undisciplined. But hey, it's only 5 months, so I don't see any miracle happening anytime soon.


But what's different is that... I can't see any difference right now. I guess it's too early to tell. I'll probably see some changes over the weekend.


Let me start with something unusual. See, I need an NBI Clearance for a Visa to travel abroad. I have my old NBI Clearance, all I need is to renew it. The process is fast, a big improvement over the years. You only need to do 2 step, Step 1: Pay, Step 2: Take a Picture and They'll print it for you. This holds true, if you have no same name with whom they/you have a criminal record. So, the way I see it is already an improvement. But if you will ask me, they can make all of this automated. All you need is like a photo-booth-type of setup and it will be much faster, sad thing about this is they don't really see improvements like that, they rather give you the hassle than a hassle free experience. So, everything sounds good if your name is unique enough and no other person share the same name and if there is he/she doesn't have any criminal records. Now, in case you do, you have to visit the Branch in Victory Mall in Monumento. Funny thing about this is, previously they were located in Carriedo, now they moved to Monumento. One observation is that they are located in the most high crime area in the metro. Carriedo is known for snatchers, holdup-ers, any bad element you might think of. Monumento, on the other hand has the same impression. It is at the last stop of the LRT station (convenient you might say, but going there through LRT is such a ride. Be careful of your things or as might as well say good bye to them) and it is one of the busiest place in the area. So if you have a vehicle, it will be hard to park anywhere other than the fact that place is swarmed by cops (whose job by the way is not to catch criminals, nor direct traffic but catch cars that swerve or driving in the wrong lane). I wonder why do they move to such places? Why not go to a place wherein people would at least feel safe? We have a long way to go if we want to see our country progress.


My first meal is from Goldilocks, I'm used to the food of Singapore where everything is spicy. Now eating at Goldilocks made me feel that their food is tasteless, full of MSG (as I'm so thirsty right now, probably due to the high content of MSG) and the siomai smells funny (I hope I'm wrong on this one). I should've eaten at Jollibee instead...


Anyway, this is it for now. I have some things to plan, and stuff to do.


Random Word of the Day: Speaker

No comments:

Post a Comment